As 2016 comes to a start, I can only hope that it will be the best year yet. It has started strong with the Tigers playing [hopefully winning] in the National Championship game tomorrow! [Monday, January 11th]! Everyone seems to make New Year’s Resolutions that are hard to keep, so that has pushed me away from ever making a true resolution. This year, rather than have a resolution, I have decided to make a 2016 Bucket List!
This list includes things that I want to do for myself and experiences that I want to gain, while I still have the opportunity. Some of these things I have already done in the past, but want to experience again, while others are things I have never tried! A long lifetime goal of mine is to see the world, so I need to start somewhere!
- Go white water rafting.
- Visit the Biltmore Mansion.
- Visit Savannah, GA.
- Go horseback riding in the mountains.
- Try golf!
- Get my Clemson Class Ring.
- Land a great summer internship.
- Visit Atlanta, GA.
- Go on a cruise to a new destination.
- Go skydiving.
- Attend a horse race [Carolina Cup, maybe the Derby?!]
- Go back to Gatlinburg, TN.
- Visit at least 2 new states [road trip!]
- Start a cookbook.
- Go on, or have plans set to go on a mission trip abroad.
- Attend a concert or music festival.
- Visit Carowinds roller coaster park.
- Go to Hawaii to visit family stationed there.
- Read more.
- Find at least one reason to be happy every single day.
Each day is a new page in our beautiful lives, it’s important to cherish each day and not waste one single day. One of my favorite quotes is from the Titanic, when Jack Dawson says “I figure life’s a gift and I don’t intend on wasting it. You don’t know what hand you’re gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you… to make each day count.” I may not be able to complete this list in one year, considering how much is on it, but I intend on completing as much of it as I can and carrying these over until I complete them!
If y’all have any suggestions for me let me know, and tell me what you’ve decided you want to do this year! I love learning about new experiences, especially ones that are attainable in the near future!